Duroxite™ 101 is manufactured by depositing a chromium-rich carbide overlay on Hardox® 450 backing plate. The hardfacing overlay is suitable for severe abrasive wear and impact applications.
With its optimum carbide concentration, consistently good wear resistance from top surface through 75% depth of overlay, and Hardox® backing plate, Duroxite™ 101 provides a better combination of wear and impact resistance compared to the traditional mild steel backing overlay plate.
- Designed to better withstand plastic deformation due to its high yield strength flexing back after impact
- Stronger support due to high hardness of Hardox® and better bonding between overlay and base steel
- When overlay wears off Hardox® 450 backing plate will wear at a lower rate than mild steel providing a greater safety margin
- Better performance for impact situations than Duroxite™ 100 at elevated temperatures up to 350° C (660° F), but impact resistance is best at room temperature
Duroxite™ 101 is widely used in the mining, cement and power generation industries. Some specific applications include:
- Mining: Loader bucket liners, bucket lip and side shrouds, jaw shrouds
- Cement: Heel pads and dewatering conveyors
- Power: Coal discharger chutes