Duroxite™ 100 is manufactured by depositing chromium-rich, abrasion-resistant materials on a mild steel base plate using a traditional arc welding process.
The hardfacing overlay plate is suitable for severe abrasive wear and moderate to low impact applications. The multiple-layer overlay is also capable of maintaining full wear resistance up to 350 ºC (660ºF) and the typical surface hardness of 55 HRC at elevated temperatures up to 540°C (1000°F). Duroxite™ 100 is available in single layers or multiple layers up to 20 mm (3/4”) in overlay thickness.
- Same wear resistance guaranteed from surface down to 75% of the overlay
- Optimal carbide composition to provide good combination of wear resistance and homogenous bonding
- Good formability due to staggered cracking pattern on overlay surface
Duroxite™ 100 is widely used in the mining, power generation, cement, dredging, steel production, waste handling, glass production, and pulp and paper industries. Some specific applications include:
- Mining: Chutes/hoppers, liners for truck beds, dozer blades, shovel buckets, dragline buckets, excavators
- Cement: Separator guide vanes, discharge cones for clinker storage bins, chutes for sintering ore conveying, outlet ducts for clinker grinding mills, receiving hoppers
- Dredging: Dredging pipes and pumps, suction pipelines, pump discharges
- Steel: Fan blade/housings, coke vibrating screen plates
- Power: Coal handling chutes, coal feeder liners, crusher screen plates, classifier cones, journal liners, silo bunkers