Duroxite™ 201 is developed for severe wear and impact applications applying specially formulated abrasive materials on Hardox® 450 backing plate.
The overlay material is composed of primary chromium-rich carbides and refined multiple-alloy complex carbides dispersed evenly in a ductile eutectic austenite matrix. The additional multi-alloy carbides are harder and finer than the co-existing chromium-rich carbides which interlock between large primary chromium-rich carbides in a matrix.
- Hardox® 450 backing withstands plastic deformation better due to its high yield strength flexing back after impact
- Provides stronger support due to high hardness and better bonding properties between overlay and base steel
- Better performance for impact situations than Duroxite™ 200 at elevated temperatures up to 350° C (660° F), but impact resistance is best at room temperature
Duroxite™ 201 is widely used in many industries including mining, cement and power generation. Some specific applications include:
- Mining: Screen plates, loader bucket liners, feeding systems for ball mills, loader bucket liners, bucket lip shrouds, bucket side shrouds, chutes, liner plates and skip liners
- Cement: Cement furnace components, sinter plant parts, fan blades, mixer blades, crews, gyratory mantles, coal and cement pulverizer rolls, raw material crushing components, molding panels
- Power: Coal discharger chutes